If you want a pool, you are probably wondering how much it costs to install a fiberglass pool. So, let me tell you: an entry-level fiberglass pool cost approximately $55,000. Most pools we install average $95,000. Below, I have put together a list of essential items for an entry-level pool so you can begin planning your backyard retreat.
This blog post is all about how much it costs to install a fiberglass pool in your backyard.
What IS Included in an Entry-Level Pool
Pool shell choice: Freedom 23. The Freedom is 23 feet long by 13’ wide and has 5’ deep flat bottom. The Freedom is by Imagine Pools out of Knoxville, TN. Imagine Pools offers a really great warranty on their pool shells. I have compared the construction of the pool shell with other manufacturers and it is better.
This pool installation is turn-key. That means when we leave, you will be able to swim. You won’t have to work on your lawn or the pool. It will 100% be ready for you to enjoy. The following list of items are included in the price presented to the homeowners:
- boundary survey
- Pool shell, delivery, installation
- Excavation and backfill
- Sand filter with recycled glass media
- Variable speed pump
- Misc pool cleaning tools
- 3’ pool coping/concrete around the pool + 10′ x 10′ seating area (that’s 352 sq. ft. of poured concrete)
- Plumbing materials and labor
- Electric materials and labor
- Pad for equipment to set on
- Manual safety cover
- Stainless steel ladder for the deep end
- $4,500 fence allowance – required by state code requires a 48″ fence around in-ground pools
What is NOT Included in an Entry-Level Pool Cost
- Water to fill the pool
- Removal of excess soil (from digging the pool) away from the homeowner’s yard. If your yard slopes the excess soil can be placed there. It is not uncommon on small, flat yards that the excess dirt has to be hauled off-site.
- Potential costs to upgrade your electric panel, should it not have enough amperage available to fulfill the needs of the pool equipment.
Common Upgrade Choices
- larger pool shell – to upgrade to one of the 40′ models can cost as much as $36,000
- salt chlorinator – our clients rave about their saltwater pools! – adds $1,500-$2,000 depending on pool size
- heater (assuming natural gas is available) – extend your pool season – $3,000 – $4,000 depending on pool size
- slide – all children LOVE a slide – $6,000 for the Turbotwister. You can see it here.
- automatic cover – for the ultimate peace of mind – $14,500 + depending on pool size. We use Coverstar and you can see it here.
- fiberglass, in-ground spa – $7,500 if you have natural gas – Here is a blog devoted to spas.
- tanning ledge – $6,500. Here is a link to one of the three models Imagine Pools offers.
- landscape package – $5,000 +/- depending on your needs and wants
- automated cleaning system $1,300 – here is the one we prefer
- water features such as bubblers, deck jets, and spillovers start at $1,400 but there are many, many options!
Other Options Offered
- We can build retaining walls if you have a sloping site
- Pool Houses
- Basketball Court
- What else can you dream up?!
I hope this information on an entry-level fiberglass pool cost helps you get on track planning your new backyard pool. Your family will enjoy this investment for years to come and pools are regularly showing up on the wish list of homebuyers, which means that pools are adding value to your property.
This blog post was all about how much it costs to install a fiberglass pool in your backyard.
If you live in and around Louisville, Ky or Prospect, KY and you want an in-ground swimming pool, fiberglass or gunite, contact me. I would be delighted to speak with you and evaluate your backyard. The best way to contact me is by clicking the bright yellow “Contact Us” button on my website.
Thank you so much for visiting and reading!